Protecting Your Privacy
Wellnicity provides the world's premier online service for achieving wellness through managed testing, clinical expertise and nutraceutical recommendations. The privacy and security of your personal information is important to us.
The Fine Print
Effective date: June 15, 2017
Our Policy applies to all visitors, users, and others who access the Service ("Users").
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following types of information.
Information you provide us directly:
- Your username, password, date of birth, postal code, and e-mail address when you register for a Wellnicity account (your Account Profile information).
Information you provide us both directly and indirectly:
- User Content (e.g., self-test responses, lab results, e-health profile responses, product recommendations for you, personal lifestyle recommendations, product orders) that you post to the Service or that become part of your User Content through your interactions with the Service.
- Communications between you and Wellnicity: for example, we may send you Service-related notifications, messages, alerts, and emails (e.g., account verification, reminders, news about the Service, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). Note that you may opt out of some Service-related messages or e-mails through setting on your user dashboard.
- We use third-party analytics tools to measure traffic and usage trends for the Service. Your information is not personally tracked but rather we analyze traffic in the aggregate to provide better products for the community we serve.
Cookies and similar technologies:
Log file information:
- Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
- When you use our Service, our servers automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
- When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we do not access the "device identifier" of your mobile device.
- Metadata is technical data that is associated with User Content. For example, Metadata can describe how, when, and by whom a piece of User Content was collected and how that content is formatted.
- Users may have Metadata added to their User Content when they create it; for example, Wellnicity adds event date metadata to orders, in order to ensure that orders are fulfilled in a timely fashion.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
- help you efficiently access your information after you sign in;
- remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
- provide personalized content and information to you;
- help you to more easily interact with the Service;
- provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service;
- develop and test new products and features;
- diagnose or fix technology problems.
SHARING OF YOUR INFORMATION
We will not rent or sell your information to third parties outside Wellnicity without your consent, except as noted in this Policy.
Parties with whom we may share your information:
- We may share User Content and your information (including but not limited to, information from cookies, log files, device identifiers, location data, and usage data) with businesses that are legally part of the same group of companies that Wellnicity is part of, or that become part of that group ("Affiliates"). Affiliates may use this information to help provide, understand, and improve the Service (including by providing analytics) and Affiliates' own services (including by providing you with better and more relevant experiences).
- We also may share your information as well as information from tools like cookies, log files, and device identifiers and location data, with third-party organizations that help us provide the Service to you ("Service Providers"). Our Service Providers will be given access to your information as is reasonably necessary to provide the Service under reasonable confidentiality terms.
- We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
Parties with whom you may choose to share your User Content:
- We may not share your User Content with any third party except in anonymous, aggregated form or as otherwise provided herein.
What happens in the event of a change of control:
Responding to legal requests and preventing harm:
- We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed, and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Storage and Processing:
- Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Wellnicity, its Affiliates, or Service Providers maintain facilities.
- Wellnicity, its Affiliates, or Service Providers may transfer information that we collect about you, including personal information, across borders and from your country or jurisdiction to other countries or jurisdictions around the world. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
- We use commercially reasonable safeguards to help keep the information collected through the Service secure and take reasonable steps (such as requesting a unique password) to verify your identity before granting you access to your account. However, Wellnicity cannot ensure the security of any information you transmit to Wellnicity or guarantee that information on the Service may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed.
- Please do your part to help us. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information, and for controlling access to emails between you and Wellnicity, at all times. We are not responsible for the functionality, privacy, or security measures of any other organization.
YOUR CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
Your account information and profile/privacy settings:
- Update your account at any time by logging in and changing your profile settings.
- Unsubscribe from email communications from us by clicking on the "unsubscribe link" provided in such communications. As noted above, you may opt out of some Service-related communications from (e.g., daily reminders or refill reminders).
- To review or modify your account information, go to the Wellnicity site and choose My Health Login in the top right navigation bar.
How long we keep your User Content:
- Following termination or deactivation of your account, Wellnicity, its Affiliates, or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.
- To terminate your account at any time, please contact Wellnicity at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will ask you to provide certain forms of proof to verify your identity. When your identity has been verified to our satisfaction, we will immediately remove your User Account and User Content from our databases and servers.
OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
HOW TO CONTACT US ABOUT A DECEASED USER
In the event of the death of a Wellnicity User, please contact us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org. We will typically conduct our communication via email; should we require any other information, we will contact you at the email address you have provided in your request. We will ask you to provide certain forms of proof to verify your identity, your relationship to the deceased. When identity, relationship, and proof of death have been verified to our satisfaction, we will immediately remove your User Account and User Content from our databases and servers.
HOW TO CONTACT US