Vitamins for Sleep & Mood Disturbances
Sleep medications such as Ambien, Lunesta, and Belsomra are commonly prescribed to address sleep cycle disturbances due to their ability to target specific chemical pathways often dysregulated with sleep disorders. Unfortunately, some of these medications are often accompanied by a new list of symptoms and frustrating or concerning side-effects.
Did you know that there are professional-grade supplements that can support your chemical pathways and in turn help your sleep cycle disturbances?
- 5-HTP, an amino acid, is what your body uses to make serotonin from your diet.
- DLPA and Tyrosine are amino acids that provide support for the dopamine pathway.
- Theanine, Taurine, and GABA are other amino acids that can help optimize brain balance by supporting inhibitory neurotransmitters and calming elevated adrenals.
- Phosphatidylserine is both an amino acid and a fatty acid that is quite helpful in lowering elevated cortisol levels.
- D3 5000, Methyl + and Active B Complex are important vitamins for stabilizing one's mood.
- Omega 820 (Fish Oil) can enhance many aspects of brain function, including the control of mood, memory, cognition and mental well-being.
Where to get them
The vitamins and nutrients commonly used to address sleep & mood disturbances can be purchased at any large retailer. Be on the lookout for professional-grade supplements and vitamins - most of those sold at brick-and-mortar retailers are food-grade. Wellnicity has sourced a variety of supplements, used effectively for years by our clinical team. These personalized supplements can be compiled into daily-dose pill packs for convenience. (All of the vitamins and supplements sold here at Wellnicity are professional-grade).
If you want to really address your symptoms and find out which vitamins and supplements will actually make you feel better, you first need to know what is going on in your body. We offer an at-home mood and sleep test kit to help you measure and discover what is out of balance so you can accurately address your problems.
Test kits for measuring neurotransmitter imbalances