Vitamins for Depression/Mood Issues
SSRI (Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors) medications such as Prozac, Celexa, Lexapro, Paxil and Zoloft are commonly prescribed to address depression and mood issues due to their ability to target specific chemical pathways often dysregulated with depressive disorders. Unfortunately, some of these medications are often accompanied by a new list of symptoms and frustrating or concerning side-effects.
Did you know that there are supplements that can support your chemical pathways and in turn help your depression and mood issues?
- 5-HTP, an amino acid, is what your body uses to make serotonin from your diet.
- DLPA and Tyrosine are amino acids that provide support for the dopamine pathway.
- Theanine, Taurine, and GABA are other amino acids that can help optimize brain balance by supporting inhibitory neurotransmitters and calming elevated adrenals.
- D3 5000, Methyl + and Active B Complex are important vitamins for stabilizing one's mood.
- Omega 820 (Fish Oil) can enhance many aspects of brain function, including the control of mood, memory, cognition and mental well-being.
Where to get
The vitamins and nutrients commonly used to address depression and mood issues can be purchased at any large retailer. Be on the lookout for professional-grade vitamins and supplements - most of those sold at brick-and-morter retailers are food-grade. Wellnicity has sourced a variety of supplements, used effectively for years by our clinical team. These supplements can be compiled into daily-dose pill packs for convenience. (All of the vitamins and supplements sold here at Wellnicity are professional-grade).
If you want to really address your symptoms and find out which vitamins and supplements will actually make you feel better, you first need to know what is going on in your body. We offer a number of clinical at-home test kits to help you measure and discover what is out of balance so you can accurately address your problems.
Test kits for measuring neurotransmitter imbalances